Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 10: Rachael Ray for the Win!!

I went into this recipe very skeptical considering yesterday's shortcoming with the Apricot Cheesecake Pockets. I didn't even unwrap all of the 24 peppermint patty's the recipe calls for...just in case. But this recipe for Double Chocolate Cookies with a Peppermint Patty Surprise does not dissapoint! This is another from the December 2011 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray and it has restored my faith. Which is a really good thing since there are at least 2 more recipes I want to try from that issue.
Not only do these cookies taste delicious (think Thin Mints on steroids), but they just scream Christmas! Oh and as a bonus, pretty easy and fun to make, a great recipe to let the kids help with. The process reminded of one of my favorite activities as a kid...making mud pies.
Some pointers: freeze the peppermint patties, measure out each tablespoon of dough before pressing mints into dough, roll the dough in a ball then flatten in your hand before you wrap the dough around the mint, chill each pan of cookies about 20 minutes before putting in the oven. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorites. (05/07 is my birthday, hint hint)

    ReplyDelete