Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 5: Chocolate Chip

  When it comes to Chocolate Chip cookies I am the first to admit I am a total snob. I have never made or eaten a chocolate chip that I think is perfect. They have to be slightly crisp, but not crunchy. Soft, but not cakey. The chips should hold their shape but melt to the touch...or bite. I have tried so many recipes and even read about the science behind baking in every attempt to make a perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Then along came my neice and her husband...for my birthday last year they gave me a bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies he had made. NO LIE, THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!! It turns out it was her grandmother's  recipe and she was nice enough to share. Up until now I had completley given up on chocolate chip cookies, I will cherish this recipe for ever.
   On another note: if anyone is reading this, I realize the cookies have been pretty boring so far. I promise more exciting cookies are to come, just had to get the staples out of the way first.

1 comment: