Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 9: Apricot Cheesecake Pockets...Sabotage??

   After yesterday's Martha Stewart rant, I decided to give Rachael Ray a shot today. This recipe is from the December 2011 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. I do not have a link for the recipe and just didn't feel like typing the whole thing up, besides it's...you guessed it....wrong. I will give Rachael the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a typo. The recipe is supposed to yeild 2 dozen cookies. The dough is rolled to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a 4" round cookie cutter. I carefully measure everything, I got 12 cookies. Also 1/4 inch is way to thick for a cookie that is folded in half. If I make these again I will roll them out to 1/8 inch thickness.
I think I am more proud of this picture
   I want to believe Rachael Ray is not out to sabotage all of us the way Martha is. I have 4 more cookies recipes from the magazine I want to try. And really other than the thickness issue, this recipe did work out really well and the cookies are delicious.
UPDATE: Here is the recipe. Again, I would not roll the dough as thick as the recipe states.

No comments:

Post a Comment