Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 17: Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Oh the guilt! Today I took the easy way out. I made these cookies from a box of red velvet cake mix (cue the Gasps!). And not very original either. Seems everywhere you look now days there is a red velvet something or other, and the whoopie pie has been making a bigger comeback than Cher did in the 90s.***note: I will take suggestions on a better to joke to insert here***
But hey! It is now Day 17...I have now made 16 different kind of cookies...e v e r y d a y. Besides, they are soooooo darn cute! I do wish, however I had made them a little smaller. The only dipper I have is a 2oz, and I just wasn't too excited about getting red sticky batter all over my hands.
The cookie part is so simple:
  • any flavor cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 egg  
Mix well and drop onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
Now for the best part...the filling!!! I think this is where the "whoopie" part of the name must have come from.
  • 1/4 butter, softened
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 7oz. jar of Marshmallow Cream
Beat until smooth.The recipe said to fold the marshmallow cream into the butter and cream cheese mixture, but that wasn't working out too well for me, so I just kept the beater going. I think over the next few weeks every single cookie I make will somehow feature this mixture. I think I will eat sandwiches filled with this or maybe stuff chicken breasts with it, I don't know...but I must find an excuse to make this everyday for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment