Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 20: A Great Cookie Day Thanks to Rachael Ray

Yes! Rachael comes through again-oh, didn't you know, we are on a first name basis now. The foundation of trust between has been built, a mutual respect if you will. Okay so it's not mutual, she has no idea who I am after all.
I have been dying to make this Coconut Snowflakes since I bought the magazine last month. Not only do the cookies feature two things I love, coconut and lemon, but I also just happen to have this particular snowflake cookie cutter. Warning: Rachael does say offer a substitute cookie cutter, use your imagination. Another warning: she says to bake these for 20 minutes. Do yourself a favor and check them after 12 minutes. At 18 minutes I burned a pan, and nearly destroyed my relationship with Rach.
When spreading the filling on the cookie I say go for it! One measly teaspoon just doesn't seem to be enough. I also got a little creative and opted to not line the two cookies up exactly when sandwiching them. I know, I am a wild woman.
My husband thought that the two cookies sandwiched together were a little dry. Since I still have half the dough to bake I may try not sandwiching them and sprinkling the coconut right on top of the filling. Once again...crazy, wild, I know.

2 comments:

  1. Your husband is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Anonymous person might know your husband - wink wink.

    I can't wait to try these - I love coconut and lemon, too. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete