Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 31: Butterscotch Brownies-Round 2

First an apology....I did not bake yesterday nor did I blog, seeing how I didn't have a baked good to blog about and all. Somehow I contracted some ridiculous little stomach flu...grrr...that almost never happens to me, but when it does, I am a huge cry baby.
Second a HUGE THANK YOU! To my cousin Stephanie Newbold for featuring my blog on her way better blog. Stephanie is an amazing photographer in Tucson AZ. She was bitten by the shutter bug (I crack myself up) probably the day she was born. I will never forget, when I was 16 she had me dress up and do my hair and make up so she could take "senior pictures" of me with her little Kodak. We walked around our apartments looking for settings and light. Mind you, this was not for a college class or anything of the likes, mind you I was just beginning my junior year, mind you I take worse pictures than Chandler Bing. Just for fun. Yeah, we did stuff like that.
Third and finally, I baked today. Twice in fact. The fudge I made a few weeks ago was not right so I re-did that of course. Came out marvelous, funny how that happens when you follow the recipe.
Then I just couldn't let the Butterscotch Brownie/Blondie thing go. The last recipe I tried was such a disappointment, I was so ready for Butterscotch. This time I found another recipe from AllRecipes.com.
This recipe made me very nervous, nothing about it looking right while mixing. While I was spreading it into the pan I discovered why. It's not so much a brownie as it is a giant cookie. Seriously I probably could have dropped them by tablespoons full onto a cookie sheet. No way I was going to mess with this one though. I want butterscotch!!

The results: pretty easy to make, not real easy to spread into the pan. The taste: not real butterscotchy, just kind of like a brown sugar cookie. I am thinking this might make a great crust for something amazing, but what?? My bout with the flu seems to have stricken my creativity...that can be a good thing sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - how did I miss this post?? And how did I not remember until now that awesome photo session?? LOL! PS - and I love butterscotch blondies!

    ReplyDelete