Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 32: Massive Baking Blowout Part 2

Today reminded me why I started this in the first place, doing this all in one day really burns you out. After tomorrow, I think it's time to get back on track. With lemon bars still to come I can feel the baking excitement slowly coming back.
If you must do all of your holiday baking in one day I found today it is important to be prepared and be organized, she says after sending the kid to the store twice today! Carefully and thoughtfully I laid out all of my equipment, cookie sheets, parchment, cooling racks and all the ingredients I had in the pantry. The problem was I had no plan or list of what I was going to bake. So I started with doughs that were better chilled...snickerdoodles, I thought about favorites...maple cookies, I thought about what I wanted to show off...Rachael Ray's Hot Cocoa Cookies. I baked and baked and baked and I am not done. I still have sugar cookies to roll, etc. etc. etc. My big accomplishment of the day, a healthy tray of cookies to take to my coworkers in Fresno tomorrow.
Every cookie baked like a champ today. No spreading, no burning and I even perfected the frosted Maple Cookies. Martha must have been smiling on me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment